Are you looking for a rewarding career in care with great personal benefits?
Fairport Care Services regularly recruit hard working, dedicated carers. In return we offer a rewarding work environment, exciting personal development opportunities and a fair salary that far exceeds the Living Wage.
Are you someone who is dedicated to providing the best possible care to some of the most vulnerable people in society?
- Do you want to feel valued, supported and empowered to be the best you can be at an incredibly rewarding task?
- Are you looking for an employer who recognises you as an individual and is committed to harvesting the talent within you?
- Are you just looking for a career change? Have you always considered working with young people but have discounted it because you have no experience or qualifications?
If you have answered yes to at least one of the questions of above and are over 21 years of age then we are looking for you to join our team of compassionate, committed and valued staff.
Fairport Care Services has a proven history or not only recruiting talent to this highly challenging but rewarding sector but also retaining those same staff and working flexibly with staff to maximise their contribution by offering bespoke employment packages.
70% of our child care team have worked for and with us for over 7 years!
90% of our staff are qualified to Level 3
50/% of our staff have achieved Level 5 in Leadership and Management
We belive our employees deserve more than the minimum wage
We made a commitment as an organisation prior to the Living Wage being implemented that we would restructure our remuneration so that staff could see clearly that sleep-in hours were being paid at £7.20 an hour.
It is important to us as an employer, that our compliance with the Living Wage does not result in staff’s overall hourly rate for all hours worked being driven down.
We did this to:
- Continue to honour and value employee contribution
- Recognise and reward employee’s experience and longevity
- Reward people for their skills and talent
- Recognise commitment
We are committed to working with you to find a package of employment that meets your needs and the needs of our young people can benefit from your skills, talents and interests.
Here's what you could be earning:
Example positions, all salaries quoted are for an average 39 hour week
Overtime rate £14.00 per hour
Senior Project /Residential Workers
Overtime rate £12.70 per hour
Unqualified £18746.40- £19060.00
overtime rate £12.70 per hour
Trainee Project/Residential Workers
overtime rate £10.00 per hour
£61.20 per sleep-in duty
Rewarding our staff - here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Supportive and caring work environment
- Living Wage hourly rate for sleep-in hours
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive overtime rates
- Flexible rota
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 22 days holiday in first year of employment increasing by 1 day per each additional year of employment to a maximum of 27 days holiday per year in addition to statutory bank holidays.
- Career Progression Opportunities
- In house Diploma 3&5 Programme available after probationary period
- Opportunities for Post Graduate, Master’s and post mandatory Professional qualification subject to length of service
We believe in ensuring that staff are equipped to provide the very specialist care and support our young people deserve to ensure that they achieve the outcomes set.
Our track record speaks for itself. 70% of our residential childcare team have worked for Fairport Care Services in excess of 7 years.
We pride ourselves in:
- Recognising people’s prior experience and life experience
- Embracing individuality as well as corporate identity
- Rewarding staff for their commitment and care
- Recognising loyalty, progress and achievement
- Celebrating growth
- Welcoming staff contribution and creativity
Training and Development
Our work with young people and their families is rewarding but challenging.
Remaining professional in a familial work environment is key if the young people’s needs are to remain the focus of our work.
Staff are supported to develop both knowledge and understanding not only of the theories and legislation which help us make sense of the work but of themselves and what brings them into a career in social care with some of the most vulnerable groups of young people.
Our Level 3 and 5 diploma programme is delivered in house using an e-portfolio.
Training and team meetings are designed to encourage staff to learn through observation, mentoring and expressing curiosity.
Training in child development, attachment, psychodynamic and systems theories is considered mandatory for all staff.
We encourage staff to take responsibility for their own learning and development through owning their personal development plan and identifying training that may help them develop their skills.
Longevity is rewarded through access to further external postgraduate and professional training through the performance review process.
You've read why a career at Fairport Care Services is so rewarding - now we want to hear from you!
We are always recruiting talented and motivated individuals to join the Fairport Care Services team. Whether you've got past care experience, or are looking for a new and rewarding career at a care home with a difference please get in touch to discuss currently available opportunities.
Not yet ready to apply?
Read what members of our team think about working at Fairport Care Services..